When Are They Coming For You

By Sarang

Martin Niemöller was a prominent German anti-Nazi. He is the author of the famous poem titled "First they came". There are many variations of this poem available but Martin preferred the following version:

They came first for the Communists,
And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;

And then they came for the trade unionists,
And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;

And then they came for the Jews,
And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;

And then... they came for me...
And by that time there was no one left to speak up.


Although this poem was written for the Nazi era but the theme very much fits into the current situation of the Muslim world. I don't think more words are required to explain it...

Think and speak for others! Raise your voice against the injustice happening in front of your eyes! Wakeup before it is too late...

Here is a saying of Martin Luther King, Jr:

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”


When will you start thinking?


Sarang Recommends:
- Waiting for Super Hero

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Apture